Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas

I'm remembering. Ding dong! merrily on high

No, that's not right. I'm dying aren't I? In heav'n the bells are ringing

Or am I coming back to life? I don't know. Ding dong! verily the sky

I'm not with Alice and Anne anymore. I burned that stupid cooler and bolted. Is riv'n with Angel  singing.

I promised myself that if I ever started to feel like I was slipping, I would leave. So I left. Gloria

It's so cold. I've been digging up graves, looking for the right one. I couldn't find it. Hosanna in excelsis!

But now it makes sense, it was never really there to begin with. Pray you, dutifully prime

I remember it now. Your matin chime, ye ringers;

It was Christmas Eve, and I couldn't sleep. My...mother? I think, she kept saying that if I didn't go to sleep then Santa wouldn't come, but I was scared. I didn't want to go to sleep. May you beautifully rime
I'd seen Him a handful of times before that day, and I was always scared to go to sleep. But that night was the worst. It was like the house was screaming, and every bone in my body was telling me to run and run and run and to keep running as fast as could, to the very ends of the earth. Your evetime song, ye singers.

But everyone said that monsters weren't real and that I needed to sleep, and even though I was terrified, I was so tired. And my mother kept telling me that nothing could hurt me, and nothing was coming to get me, and that when I woke up it would be Christmas and everything would be bright and happy. I trusted her, and put my faith in what I wanted to be true. Gloria

I fell asleep, and when I woke up I was alone, and it was snowing, and the house was a black skeleton of a house. Everything had gone to ashes, and He was there. Hosanna in excelsis!

There's still a foundation. There's still snow on the ground. It's still Christmas. I'm still all alone. Gloria

There are graves all over. I've got some more digging to do. Hosanna in excelsis!


Merry Christmas,

- Opal

1 comment:

  1. Sorry that happended to you.
    Sometimes at night, I keep thinking what was with me in the dark.

    I imagened I had a baby Rake and been taken good care of him/her. Its weird.

    Anyway, Merry Christmas. I hope you had a great time, feeling the holiday spirit.

    ReplyDelete