Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

Alice and I are in Albany, New York at the moment. Opal isn't with us, but I expect you know that already.
It's been eerily peaceful for the past week or so. No run-ins with Mr. Slendy so far, but I'm probably jinxing myself as we speak.
Anyway, last night Alice and I went to a McDonald's and had french fries while we watched the ball drop on a tiny TV hanging over the restaurant's wall. It wasn't terribly exciting, but people seem to make a big deal about it, anyway.
When I was younger, my mom used to make all of us, even my dad, write 3 goals for the new year. And I we all wished that this time, contrary to previous times, that we really would finish our resolutions. But of course, after January, everyone's new year resolutions were forgotten. There were more important things to deal with, so we put them aside, and hoped to finish them next year. But that never really happened, did it?
Anyway, I would say that my new years resolution would be to stay alive, but with my unfortunate habit of not following through on my resolutions, I would be dead by tomorrow.
But it would be nice to be able to see the ball drop just one more time, however lame and boring it is. It would be nice to write out lists of goals I'll never finish just to make my mom happy. Or perhaps to see her again, just one last time. I would like that.

1 comment:

  1. Happy new year, assuming you've lived through it.
    Don't be late. I am sure there are many important dates ahead.
    ~R.C.S.

    ReplyDelete