Monday, November 14, 2011

Hello Blog, I almost forgot about you.

Here I am in Kansas. Yay!

You know what they say right? No place like home.

Although to be fair we're staying at Anne's house. She was very pleased to see that the whole place didn't go up in flames like mine did. (Though I don't know how long that's going to last if she keeps trying to cook, honestly Anne stay away from the kitchen,)

When she made it back to the house she practically crushed me she was so happy to see me. It was a weird feeling. I think she's ignoring the events that took place after I left, which doesn't make much sense to me. Maybe she just doesn't feel like she has it in her to deal with it yet.

She and I haven't talked too much since she got back. She's been sleeping through most of the day, and late at night I can hear her shuffling around doing stuff, like she's suddenly become nocturnal. I haven't pried on it too much because we've all been getting pretty strange hours of sleep over here, but it's almost like she's just reversed her sleep schedule completely. She may just be scared of trying to sleep in the dark, which given the circumstances I don't blame her for.

Alice is getting pretty good with a shovel, although she's been diving under the couch whenever anyone opens the door so we might need to work on how to react in an emergency situation (because I am so good at that aren't I?)

And there is also another addition to the family now it seems. You guys remember Luca right? (I don't blame you if you don't because I barely remembered who he was until he was on top of me licking my face off.) He's Anne's rottweiler. He'd been staying with some neighbors after Anne and I set out for Vegas. After she got back she went and picked him up, and now he's underneath the table drooling on my feet.

I'm a little worried, seeing as how before all of this started I 'had' a cat. However Luca's a bit more burly than she was, and if by chance there's anything lurking outside, he should be able to bark loud enough to alert half the neighborhood.

And as for me.

Guess it's high time I stopped keeping this little secret.

I got a message from Aggy.

Found it a little while after I started staying at the library. 

It was on my cellphone, and from what I can tell she left it right after she died. Like hours before.

You know, I always feel weird watching old black and white silent footage, just because I know everyone I'm watching has died a long time ago. In my opinion it's the closest you can really get to watching ghosts.

Seeing a text from Aggy on my phone wasn't much different. It felt like she was watching me while I read it, waiting for me to send a reply.

The message didn't have a lot on it, all it said was this.

Opal,

If you want to win the game, you have to strategize,

After that there was a series of numbers, (which I'm going to keep to myself, lest someone be reading this blog who isn't looking out for my better interest,) and then this,


Beware the Water,

Stop Burning Books.

Don't Forget.

-Aggy


The reason I came back was to look through Aggy's apartment again for anything I missed the first time. I've been going through it, but the place was a lot neater the second time I visited, which I think means that Aggy beat me to it and straightened up before anyone could find anything.

This is a good sign though, because it means there was definitely something she didn't want anyone else to find. Maybe it was some more research she'd kept hidden, or a clue of some kind.

I'm beginning to think there's a whole other level to her death, and I need to figure out what her message means.

That's really all I have to report on for now.

If anything happens I'll let you guys know,

- Opal

4 comments:

  1. Clever girl, got a little too far ahead of the curve I think though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of people who aren't looking out for my better interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not like I'm looking to harm you. I'm not a violent person dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry. What was all that you were saying about being a liar?

    ReplyDelete