Thursday, November 3, 2011

Winter Is Stupid

I'm sure the woodland creatures of Narnia would vouch for me on this one.

Winter is cold, wet,  annoying and it lasts much longer than it should. But here we are, just a few weeks away from the end of autumn, (which sucks because autumn is the best season of them all.)

It probably wouldn't be so bad if the heat in the car was working, but looking back on all my "A/C" problems before this, I can't say I'm surprised. But that's okay, because I have sweaters and we're bundled up tight.

Yes that was a "We're,"

I'll get to that in a second.


I left Hope, which believe it or not feels like a giant weight off my shoulders. Not that the solitary confinement wasn't fun, I guess I just feel happy to be moving again.

Actually, that's the really weird thing. I haven't been feeling too miserable at all these past couple of days. I think I'm starting to get my drive back, which is awesome. It feels incredible to be able to know what I should be doing, because I don't think I've really known since way back in August.

I also seemed to have picked up a hitchhiker.


Alice, (you remember, the girl who pulled me out of a well?) decided she wanted to join me, (heaven knows why) so she's here along for the ride.

According to her, she's here to make sure I stay safe because I managed to end up half-dead in a well, even before I broke my arm, so it's best if I have help.


To be completely honest, it might be better is she's here with me anyway. Hope's been seeming, I don't know...I guess I was a little worried about her trying to manage there on her own, especially with all the stuff that's been happening.



Of course I'm not sure how I'm going to manage to take care of her any better than the people there could.



I going to try and teach her how to take care of herself, and so far she seems much more promising than I did starting out, (and not just because she's about twice my size.) She'll probably be a lot better with a shovel if it comes to that again. Might as well help her equip herself.

It'll probably take a good four or five days to get back to Kansas at the rate we're going. Driving with one arm wears you out. Might be able to pick up the pace a little bit, we'll see.

I feel like I'm starting to get it together, so we'll see how long that lasts.

I'll keep you guys posted,

- Opal

9 comments:

  1. Canada laughs at your country. Though not the east coast. Those people are just plain unlucky, and we're too polite for that. Seriously, this is autumn. You know, the season that comes BEFORE winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgive the idiot who can't get a decent night's sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, winter. Luckily I'll be heading to California soon. Sun, sun, sun!

    xo
    BR

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing how California is home to the worlds oldest and biggest trees, I think I'd rather brave the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...
    ... ...

    I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH TREES.
    Theoretically.
    But now I'm paranoid, thanks.

    At least my mom lives on the coast. There aren't so many trees on the coast, right? Except palm trees?

    xo
    BR

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you stay away from any red wood forests you should be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unless you have trees in your head
    :)

    ReplyDelete