Monday, July 25, 2011

Extra Uber Happy Right Now!!!

Okay, Okay! So I went to the animal shelter with my friend Anne today, and all the animals there were really super cute! (I know I probably sound like a spaz right now, but bare with me people, I seriously like animals.)

Anne ended up adopting this Rottweiler, who was the sweetest dog I have ever met. He was snuggling with her all this afternoon, and was just so happy to have a home. I seriously doubt there has ever been a nicer dog.


Here's a picture I took afterwards, isn't he darling? His name is Luca! :D

But that's not even the reason why I'm so happy right now! 

Because while Anne was signing all the adoption papers I was looking over at the cats. 

Little bit of backstory here, I have always, always, always, been in love with cats. That probably isn't a great thing, because it's a pretty good sign I'm going to grow into one of those crazy old cat ladies years from now. 

But anyway; I've never really had one since my Mom was seriously allergic to them, as was Aggy when I was still rooming with her. But Aggy moved out last year so there's not been a whole lot keeping me from just going out and adopting one, besides my overall sluggishness to do anything that involves effort. However while I was looking at the cats today, I noticed this shy little tabby, who was looking at me with these big green eyes like 'Please Adopt Me.'
To my delight, I also noticed that her name was Bast, which is shortened version of the Egyptian cat goddess, Bastet, who was the daughter of Re the sun god, and granddaughter of Isis and Osiris the king and queen of the after life, (only a mythology geek like me would notice that.) I assume it must have been a kind of sign, sent to me by a greater power. Do I even need to explain the rest at this point?

This is her,


Aghh! She's so cute! I love her so much! 

Anne went to the pet store with me afterwards and helped me buy supplies. I didn't really get anything that great, besides the essentials, but I did get a couple balls with bells inside which she really seemed to like.
She's asleep on my bed right now. ^^

It's nice to have a roommate again, even if it is just a cat. I mean it gets kind of lonely by myself, and it just feels good to know there's somebody else with me. Lately it's been really...I don't know, dreary maybe? 

But Bast is so gentle. She barely meows at all, and she likes to curl up in my lap while I'm typing on my laptop. I don't think there's much else a person could ask for with a pet. 

Alright, it's late. I'm going to turn in.

Although I'm so excited and happy right now, I'm not sure how I'm going to sleep. ^^

I'll post some more stuff soon.

- Opal

No comments:

Post a Comment