Friday, July 29, 2011

Bad Dream Last Night

The A/C hasn't been bugging me too much, since I basically have my own fortress of quilts and blankets at this point, so I've been pretty comfortable, but last night, I don't know, I just had this really bad dream.

It was snowing, and I was somewhere I didn't recognize, and there were lots of dead leaves on the ground. I remember that I was trying to keep moving, but I kept tripping and every time I'd get up I'd just keep moving slower and slower. The snow and leaves kept piling up until I was basically swimming through it, and then there was this sort of screamer moment, where everything went black and I felt something wrap around my neck. Then the next thing I knew I was in my bed coughing up a lung.

Maybe it had something to do with my room being so cold, but I don't know why I would dream about getting strangled in the middle of a snow storm.

I went and looked up on this dream interpretation sight. It was like the first thing that came up when I searched 'Dream' on google.

Okay, so dreaming you're being strangled apparently means that you're trying to suppress some feelings inside of you, a Blizzard means you feel emotionally cold and secluded, and then the dead leaves I suppose represent an end of something.

I don't really understand that at all. I mean yeah, I'm a shut in, but I don't feel emotionally cold or repressed. I've actually been feeling pretty awesome as of late. Maybe I'm just reading into it too much, because usually I'm the kind of person who has dreams about giant birds who play accordions, and the only other nightmare I can remember that actually woke me up was one about a cat jumping on me and clawing at my face, and that was back when I was about five years old.

Well I suppose what matters is the fact that it was 3 AM when I woke up, so I am tired! I ended up calling in sick for work today. I would not have lasted the entire day.

Alright, well, despite bad dreams things have been normal. Bast really likes her new home. She likes to roll around on the carpet and take naps there. It's actually been causing a small build up of cat hair, so I should probably break out that vacuum sometime soon.

Until the next time,

- Opal

2 comments:

  1. Hey, do you want to spend to come over and spend the night with me tonight? I have some more of those videos! Plus I just went out and bought some cake batter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cake sounds tempting, but more videos? Seriously why do you love those things so much? Here I'll call you in a bit.

    ReplyDelete