Sunday, August 28, 2011

I Shouldn't Be Up

But I am.


Three posts in under 24 hours. New record.

I had the bad dream again, except it was worse this time. It went a bit further than I remembered.

It started out the same. I'm in the woods and it's snowing, and I'm trying to get through, but I can't because the snow is too deep, and the wind is blowing really hard. The tree's look taller than they  should, and it's so cold. I get to the part where something grabs my neck, but I don't wake up. I'm coughing, and I fall to my knees, and I look up. There's a little boy standing over me. I cant make out his face, but I know he's glaring at me and behind him his shadow is twisted and distorted. It makes him look like something monstrous. I start suffocating, and my whole body is burning as his tiny hands tighten around my neck. Then he leans down and whispers, "I'll save you the trouble."

Anne woke me up. She said I was fidgeting, and crying in my sleep. I guess that happens now.


What's wrong with me? Better yet what am I doing?


6 comments:

  1. 'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
    'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
    'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
    'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'

    As to the disposition of a certain mirrored object? I imagine it's quite fractured now. That is the usual effect of the Affliction.
    Particularly in light of that notebook that you've been armed with.

    Expect a late breath of August, perhaps sometime in early September.
    ~Corwin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apologies for the dumbass Opal. He was "borrowing" my credentials.

    You're doing what comes naturally. Fight or Flight. Good old fear reaction.

    I looked over Aggy's list (hope you don't mind me using that name) The ones she's marked with stars seem to be the biggies, or particularly useful.
    I can see Strahm's, M (not the worst place to start), Just Another Fool (jafool), Robert, Jay, Messenger, Damien, and Doc Cairo on there. All fairly reasonable sources.

    Since you've joined the ranks, you might want to keep yourself appraised of who's not here. Messenger (bearingbadnews) has a reasonable list. And he's not a complete asshat. Doc Cairo's channel can bring you up to speed fairly quickly.

    You don't need to know that much. It seems the more you know, the worse things get. But you should learn that quick enough.

    Good luck Opal.

    -Nemo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I see. Thanks. :) If you ever need any help feel free to ask. I feel better when I'm doing something anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Avoid the forest Opal.
    Avoid trees.
    Nevada seems good for avoiding trees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is true. LOL but now it looks like I've got some weeds to watch for.

    Take care of yourself too, okay?

    ReplyDelete