Tuesday, August 30, 2011

That's All The Proof I Need

He attacked us this morning.

The odd thing is I feel like I want to fall on the ground and start laughing about the whole thing. I actually was laughing a little while ago. Anne thought I'd lost it or something and she started shaking me.

She was all like, "Get a hold of yourself woman!"

Thankfully she didn't smack me, cause that would've hurt.

Maybe this is how I deal with being in mortal danger. Some people have panic attacks, other people cry. Anne deals with it by walking back in forth while telling herself to calm down.

I laugh.

I think I was just relieved nothing really awful happened.  That and maybe how ridiculous this situation really is.

I'll start from the beginning and explain it.

We made it to a little town right by Area 51 yesterday afternoon, and from there we've been able to drive around the area for a little while and look for anything that could tell us where Aggy was.
You can't get very close to the actual base. We tried, but some of the guards stopped us about a mile away from it and told us to get out.
We couldn't find anything else all that interesting, so we drove back to the town and pulled up in a McDonald's parking lot and spent the night there.

This morning I woke up at about five a.m. to find the car was freezing. That was the first sign something was wrong.
I climbed up into the drivers seat and started  it up to see if the radio was working. I didn't get anything but static.

Anne asked me what I was doing. She wasn't completely awake yet.

"Don't move." I said. "Don't say anything."

She looked confused, but she listened to me.

The radio was still garbling, and slowly I un-fogged the windows with my sleeve to see if anything was out there.

He was standing about ten yards from where we had parked, in the weeds behind the drive through. Great, not even McDonald's is safe anymore.

Now I'm pretty blind. If I don't have my contacts in I can barely see my own hands in front of my face. I had just woken up and they weren't in, and everything was pretty fuzzy. But when I was looking at him head on...I could see every detail.

His worn business suit, (wonder where he got that thing) his grey skin, his face, or lack there of. I was sort of curious what it would look like to see a person with no face. It's an odd thing to observe.

I didn't see any of those tendrils though. I think he had them hidden.

I could tell when Anne saw him, because I heard a small gasp.

We stared at him for a while. He was so still.  He definitely looked other-wordly, and I recall there being a buzzing feeling in my head.

Then I made probably the single most idiotic decision I have ever made in my entire life.

I got out the damn car.

Yeah, re-read it as many times as you need to. I spent two weeks reading all of these horrible stories about the many victims who have been gutted by Him, and instead of doing the logical thing, and hitting the gas pedal until I made it to Canada, I got out of the car.

Feel free to abandon me now, followers. I'll probably be dead in a week at this rate.

Of course, Anne, being the intelligent one, grabbed my arm.

"What are you doing?"

I didn't really respond. I think I might've mumbled, "Trust me," or something.

Of course I didn't know what I was doing. Maybe he was playing mind tricks with me. I remember wanting to get a closer look, to see just how real he was.

So I opened the door, and slid out really slowly. He didn't move or respond.

I inched a couple of feet closer and leaned in a bit. I was trying to see if he was breathing or not. It didn't really look like it.

He was just standing there like a statue.

You know how your brain will spit out random thoughts sometimes, and then a split second later you realize how dumb a lot of those thoughts sound.

Well I was in the middle of the first part. I was wondering wether or not Slendy was asleep, and if he was what that meant I was supposed to do.

And then something hit me with the force of a semi. I hit the ground hard, and I think I heard Anne scream, and then I was flung up against the car, and knocked down again. The second time I hit my head really hard on the asphalt, and there was this smacking noise. This was all in the course of about maybe five or ten seconds.

I didn't have time to yell or anything. In fact I doubt there was even any air in my lungs to scream with.

Then something came flying at me, and struck my right shoulder. Then I screamed.

And suddenly there were a bunch of quick images flashing through my head. I can't remember most of them, due to the fact it happened so fast and I probably had some head trauma going on, but I do remember seeing the snowy forest from my dream.

And then I was falling through the air again. But this time someone pulled me up when I hit the ground.

"Get up! Idiot! Get up!" Anne grabbed me and shoved me in the backseat of the car. Then she climbed up in the front and slammed on the gas pedal. He rammed the car once, (Darnit Slender Man, my insurance isn't going to cover that dent,) but I guess he decided not to kill us, because we somehow managed to get away.

Anne drove to a hospital, (Didn't I just get out of there?) and yelled at me the entire way, while muttering some words I'd rather not repeat. We almost hit several cars her hands were shaking so badly.

We pulled up in the parking lot, and she helped me out of the car and into the building. This was when I had my giddy little melt down. I was just kind of in shock at this point. I couldn't move my shoulder and my head was bleeding pretty badly, so everything was a little topsy turvy.

Anne shook my head, (which friggin' hurt by the way!) and told me to keep it together and not lose it yet. I did stop laughing, but it wasn't because of anything Anne had said. Oh no, no, no...

She was bleeding.

Granted it was a tiny cut across her forehead, and I had probably lost a few gallons of blood by this point. But it was enough to get me to stop laughing like an idiot.

After all, Anne saved my life today. I'm happy she's with me, but at the same time I need to be smarter. I can't go walking up to Slender Man and expect that the both of us will be okay. What if he'd attacked her instead? No more idiot decisions like that. It's time I started taking this a lot more seriously.

We made it into the doctors office, and thankfully the damage wasn't too bad. I had a small concussion (Yay! More brain damage,) and dislocated my shoulder.

She gave me an ice pack and popped my shoulder back into place, (which is a really weird feeling if it's ever happened to you.)

She said that I wouldn't need a sling, but I definitely had to relax and take it easy, and that I should try to move as little as possible for the next week or so.

That might be a bit hard taking into consideration how these injuries were obtained, but the doctor didn't know that. She was under the impression I'd been run over by a bicyclist. (That's are alibi Anne?)

By the time we were released it was about seven o' clock in the evening. We went out and got a gallon of cookie dough ice cream and sat in the car and ate it. We didn't talk about what happened. We still haven't talked about what happened.

But I think it's safe to say we're both believers now.

2 comments:

  1. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIIC_MBdwvo
    -Raven

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you had your own account. Stop hacking others.

    ReplyDelete