Wednesday, August 24, 2011

On the road!

So right now, I'm sitting in a Starbucks in Utah somewhere, (I think the guy at the counter wants me to get lost but I have stuff to write first.)

So I left yesterday night, after I picked up some crap from the remains of my apartment and pulled some money out of my savings.

I know my blog made it sound like I was going to spontaneously fly off to Nevada right after Mr. Mom, (wish I asked him what his name was, I feel I'm not giving him the credit he's due,) delivered that notebook, and told me to find Aggy, but as it turns out Anne reads this blog and caught me trying to sneak out.

Smart Opal...Smart...

I'm really not going to waste your time rehashing the argument, but in short, Anne's here with me.

Why does everyone think I need a babysitter? I'm 21, I can handle a road trip to Utah on my own.

Of course Anne thought the fact I was going to Nevada after being sick (feeling a lot better thanks for asking) wasn't the best idea. Especially after hearing the part about Mr. Mom, (I guess if you weren't there to meet him he would sound pretty sketchy.)

She wanted me to go to the police again with this, but frankly, the cops have sort of been sucking at their job lately. I mean Aggy's car has already been through three regions and is probably getting close to four, and no one has noticed it yet? I mean they have her license plate numbers, and a description of the car, and it took me all of six seconds to spot it. Yet Mr. Mom has mysteriously managed to elude them.

Plus they've been super lax about letting me take pictures of all the evidence, and posting them online. It's like they don't care. Or maybe they've been tipped off? I don't know, but after what Mr. Mom told me, I feel like this is one of those things where the Government turns a blind eye.

How did I get involved in a conspiracy theory you ask? Hell if I know.

Ahh, but I'm getting off topic. Long story short, Anne decided she'd let me go to Nevada for a week or so, but only if she was there to supervise. Her words, not mine. (You know Anne, I am older than you. No need to treat me like I'm three.)

It's not so much that I don't like her there with me, it's just...She doesn't need to get involved. Mr. Mom made it pretty clear that there were people after Aggy, (and judging by the state of my apartment, they don't seem like incredibly nice/sane people.)

Anne shouldn't get involved in that. She's sweet, and one of the most caring people I know. I don't want a rope around her neck just because there's one around mine.

Wow...there are people out there who want me dead, (or possible maimed, but I'm guessing the former is more likely,) that's a really scary thought.

Maybe I should've gotten a gun license before I went on this trip. I do have a kitchen knife though...

Oh crap I'm really going to get killed.

Urgghh!!! Don't focus on that Opal! We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Alright, so anyway, I have the notebook with me right now. I'm trying to decide wether or not now would be a good time to read it.

What the hell is wrong with me? Of course now is a good time to read it! I'm in the middle of nowhere putting Anne in danger and I don't even know what I'm up against.

But then again...

I know I must look like the dumbest person alive right now, but the notebook really...it just makes me uncomfortable. (Oh gee Opal, it's fine if you and your closest friends get gunned down by mobsters, just so long as you're comfortable.) Really though, when I look at it I start getting the jitters again, and then I just want to shove the thing somewhere where I don't have to look at it.

It's weird. Like the point of it, is so you don't read it.

Just gonna get this over with. I'll take pictures.


This is the cover.


Inside page. Very promising...



and after that, it's just four pages of URLs labeled references.


These are all blogs. Blogs with weird names. Most of them don't look very cheerful. 


We have some youtube pages, here. And hey look, she added my blog to the list in purple. 
Is that good or bad?


The starting letter. 

Slender Man? 

Why is everyone so worried about me not taking this seriously? Mr. Mom mentioned it, and now Aggy has too. 
I really hope the part about me never seeing her again isn't true. Mr. Mom just saw her a week ago at the least, so there's still a chance I can find her.

Beware the tree's and start running? Is that code? What does it mean? And why did she tell me to remember? What does she want me to remember? Remember when I was a kid and I made all those drawings, or remember how I turned up in the park? 

How can a single paragraph invoke this many questions!?

Shoot, I knocked over a coffee cup and it shattered, and the guy at the counter told me that I have to leave.

I'll update when I can, in the mean time. I'm gonna wait to look at the blogs before I get any farther in this notebook.

-Opal

1 comment:

  1. August, sweetheart; my name is August. But 'Mr. Mom' has a nice ring to it...

    It looks like you've got a list of a good portion of the Stalked and the blogs they run. That's very, very important information you have there; please defend that notebook with your life. It may not all make sense now, but it will eventually.

    Be safe, don't stay anywhere for too long, pick a weapon and learn how to use it, and most importantly?

    Never give up hope.

    Good luck, Opal. You'll need it.

    ReplyDelete